cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Add a filter box in a gallery

Dear all, first... a big hello to all of you.

I'm really new in power app and I've created a new app with a gallery. My problem is that I would like to add a filter to the gallery to select the records with a specific owner, plus remove from the list the "completed" actions

The data source is a sharepoint table with:

Owner = text field

Status = dropdown with unic value choise

name of gallery = 'PR&C Accountability Board'

Can you help me with a step by step process considering that I'm really new?

Thanks a lot for helping

Alex

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @AlexTB ,

If you have set the OnSelect property of the control or set its TabIndex property to 0 or higher, you need to edit the accessible-label property to describe it. Otherwise, try to delete the control and recreate it.

If Not funciton isn't supported, change the filter condition to Status.Value= "Other Choices 1" && Status.Value= "Other Choices 2" && Status.Value= "Other Choices 3"

To make the gallery show all records if nothing input, add if function to check the text box is empty.

The code:

Filter('PR&C Accountability Board';If(IsBlank(TextInput1.Text),true,Owner=TextInput1.Text && Status.Value= "Other Choices 1" && Status.Value= "Other Choices 2" && Status.Value= "Other Choices 3" ))

Hope this helps

Sik

Thank you all... however... filter does not works.

I have rebuild all pages.  The Gallery is working, selecting the line it goes in the new page to modify the records. Adding button regularly works going in the new record page and save button works. All is good but the filter does not work.

So, I inserted a textinput box, I tried with

1 - Filter('PR&C Accountability Board',Owner=TextInput1.Text &&Not(Status.Value="Completed"))

1 - Filter('PR&C Accountability Board';Owner=TextInput1.Text &&Not(Status.Value="Completed"))

2 - Filter('PR&C Accountability Board',Owner=TextInput1.Text)

3 - Filter('PR&C Accountability Board';Owner=TextInput1.Text)

There is no formula on textbox... do I have to put something there?

I should be an easy command in my mind:

a) no text into the box --> results all records excluding the completed ones

b) any digit into the box--> results all records selected with the same digit into the Owner colomn

What I can do? Please tell me which information you need or I have to check and I will provide

Thanks a lot

Alessio

Frequent Visitor

Ok guys, navigating I found this very good video and I follow ut step by spep.

Finally... IT WORKS!!! Hurrà!!!!

Thanks to all have dedicated time to me!

Final formula is

Filter('PR&C Accountability Board', TextInput1.Text in Owner &&Not(Status.Value="Completata"))

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,220)