cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: Add a function to read data from the blob URL for pen input control in PowerApps

Hi @paul_culmsee ,

Thanks for the (continuously!) awesome videos and blog posts on this topic! There is one scenario that seems to be missing and that is: 

• Passing MULTIPLE Form Attachments to a Sharepoint record when using SubmitForm() or Patch()

Got a recipe for this one?

paul_culmsee
Level 8

Re: Add a function to read data from the blob URL for pen input control in PowerApps

Super User
Super User

Hi @paul_culmsee . Funny, I totally ran across this video yesterday independently of the above forum post! I worked on it for quite a while yesterday, but couldn't quite find a way to pass the attachments AS PART OF a SubmitForm() or a Patch() statement. 

I think I need to:

1. Grab the ID of the Form being submitted in PowerApps
  2. Process the images using your Flow recommendation
  3. Then use the UpdateItemInSharepoint Action to push the processed images into the original record

I'll work on it some more today (hopefully) and post results.

Highlighted
paul_culmsee
Level 8

This is a long thread so I may have missed context but submitform() handles attachments now. Patch could be done, but it'd be a giant hack... 

So remind me the intent again? 

(For the record, I don't use submitform at all anymore). 

Super User
Super User

Hm. I was having some issue with column names that was messing up SubmitForm(). Got that working now. 

Patching an attachment (Adding a picture to an existing record) is still an issue. The trouble is showing the attachment in an edit record too. 

I'll take this to another thread and ping you there...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,790)