cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abaid
Helper I
Helper I

Add a function to read data from the blob URL for pen input control in PowerApps

Currently there is no function in PowerApps and flow to read blob URL without involving server side code, for camera control dataUriToBinary() function is avalaible in Microsoft flow to convert Images to binary. However there is no such function available for blob URL (blob:xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) in PowerApps or Microsoft flow, hence there is no way to store the pen input as image to data repoistory(SharePoint, OneDrive)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Try this method. It works for the image control and with audio, so should work with Pen input. You just need to create a custom connector to flow...

https://youtu.be/mp-8B1fLrqs

regards

Paul

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

Hi

Try this method. It works for the image control and with audio, so should work with Pen input. You just need to create a custom connector to flow...

https://youtu.be/mp-8B1fLrqs

regards

Paul

View solution in original post

Hi

Solution works great with camera control, we have used same method to upload images and it was successful, however in case of pen input powerapps does not return the body content like below, and inside flow content is not available to be pass base64ToBinary

Image body.png

Base64toBinary.png

In case of pen input data is return in blob URL like below, I am not able to find any way to read data from this URL Blobl Url.png Appreciate if you can help on this.

The method I cover in the link handles blob URL's but I will test now...

I tested and it works fine...  take another look at the aforementioned link...

Pen1.PNGpen2.PNGpen3.PNG

Hi @paul_culmsee

Thanks for your help, I am midest of setting up your solution, however I am getting this error on customer connector setup.

"The request failed with error: '{"Code":"ValidationError","Message":"One or more fields contain incorrect values:","Target":null,"Details":[{"Message":"One or more fields contain incorrect values:"},{"Code":"ValidationError"},{"ErrorEntity":{"ExtendedCode":"Entity field:" 

Coud you please help to see my swagger definition, your help is appreciated on this.

Swagger file

Looks like you are missing a response section for a 200 return code...

something like...

"responses": {
          "200": {
            "description": "successful operation"
          }
        }

TEST

Hi,

Issue was I had typo in "formData", I am very close just getting this last error  appreciate your help on thisUnAhorized.png

Looks like your default values for sv, sp and sig are wrong... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,046)