cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abaid
Level: Powered On

Add a function to read data from the blob URL for pen input control in PowerApps

Currently there is no function in PowerApps and flow to read blob URL without involving server side code, for camera control dataUriToBinary() function is avalaible in Microsoft flow to convert Images to binary. However there is no such function available for blob URL (blob:xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) in PowerApps or Microsoft flow, hence there is no way to store the pen input as image to data repoistory(SharePoint, OneDrive)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
paul_culmsee
Level 8

Re: Add a function to read data from the blob URL for pen input control in PowerApps

Hi

Try this method. It works for the image control and with audio, so should work with Pen input. You just need to create a custom connector to flow...

https://youtu.be/mp-8B1fLrqs

regards

Paul

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
paul_culmsee
Level 8

Re: Add a function to read data from the blob URL for pen input control in PowerApps

Hi

Try this method. It works for the image control and with audio, so should work with Pen input. You just need to create a custom connector to flow...

https://youtu.be/mp-8B1fLrqs

regards

Paul

View solution in original post

Abaid

Hi

Solution works great with camera control, we have used same method to upload images and it was successful, however in case of pen input powerapps does not return the body content like below, and inside flow content is not available to be pass base64ToBinary

Image body.png

Base64toBinary.png

In case of pen input data is return in blob URL like below, I am not able to find any way to read data from this URL Blobl Url.png Appreciate if you can help on this.
paul_culmsee
Level 8

The method I cover in the link handles blob URL's but I will test now...

paul_culmsee
Level 8

I tested and it works fine...  take another look at the aforementioned link...

Pen1.PNGpen2.PNGpen3.PNG

Abaid

Hi @paul_culmsee

Thanks for your help, I am midest of setting up your solution, however I am getting this error on customer connector setup.

"The request failed with error: '{"Code":"ValidationError","Message":"One or more fields contain incorrect values:","Target":null,"Details":[{"Message":"One or more fields contain incorrect values:"},{"Code":"ValidationError"},{"ErrorEntity":{"ExtendedCode":"Entity field:" 

Coud you please help to see my swagger definition, your help is appreciated on this.

Swagger file

paul_culmsee
Level 8

Looks like you are missing a response section for a 200 return code...

something like...

"responses": {
          "200": {
            "description": "successful operation"
          }
        }

Rachimow
Level: Power Up

TEST

Abaid

Hi,

Issue was I had typo in "formData", I am very close just getting this last error  appreciate your help on thisUnAhorized.png

paul_culmsee
Level 8

Looks like your default values for sv, sp and sig are wrong... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,264)