cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Casey4952

Add a manager-only question to the Employee Ideas app?

Hello, I'm so sorry if this is not the right place - I am not a very technical person.

I would like to use the Employee Ideas app for a project, but for this to work I would need to have a couple questions that are only visible to Managers on each idea.  It would be very fine to have the same type of questions as in the standard app (I.E. text or 1-5 answers), but it should not be visible to anyone except for managers or those granted permission.

I assume these questions should be added in the "Manage Ideas" tab, which only managers can access.  I can't see any way to add manager-only questions though and have no idea how to go about it. 

Any advice or support would be overwhelmingly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Casey4952 ,

You could set the question's Visible property to:

If(Office365Users.MyProfileV2().jobTitle="Manager",true,false)

If the current user's Job title is not "Manager", the questions will disappear.

Best Regards,

Bof

That sounds exactly like it would solve things!  I'm so sorry, I don't know where or how to set a visible property though.  Within Manage Teams I have these options

Casey4952_0-1652727786172.png

Will I have to do this through Power Apps then?  If I do Power Apps -> Build -> Installed Apps, I get this screen.

Casey4952_1-1652727870776.png

Pressing "See all" gives me this

Casey4952_2-1652727911714.png

Or if I instead press "Manage Ideas" or "Ideas" I can get here in the tree view.

Casey4952_3-1652728066867.png

Any advice on where to go from there?  I'm so sorry, I've never even looked at anything like this before... I have no experience here, but this would be so perfect if I could use it for my project. 

Thank you so much, truly!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,371)