cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Add a sort by date option to the browse screen

Hi there,

I have a simple data set showing on the browse screen of my app that already has the default sort ascending descending button, the OnSelect command is UpdateContext({SortDescending1: !SortDescending1}).  I have a text field on the screen that shows the date and time a record was added via the EditScreen and I would like to add a button to allow users to sort by date and time.

The text field that holds the date is named "Body1", so I tried putting "UpdateContext({SortAecending:Body1})" but I get a message saying there are side effects and it cannot be evaluated, does anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks,

Alan

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @v-monli-msft  and @mdevaney  I am hoping one of you can maybe help me with this question.  The thread is maybe too long now and a bit confusing to review so just to clarify, I want to add a button to my apps BrowseScreen that sorts the records shown by the date field "Body1" in the screen shot attached.  Can you guide me on how best to approach this?

Thanks,

Alan

Helper III
Helper III

Hi @v-monli-msft @Delid4ve guys, did you have a chance to look at this one from me?  I am really hoping one of you can help me with it....

this one worked for me but you have to put it on the BrowseGallery1_1. So that will sort that list by date and time no matter what the sorting button does

Hi @Nohaph , thanks for responding to this one!  Can you help me further, when you say "this one worked for me" what are you referring to?

Alan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,918)