cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Add ability to stop a button from running if a previous value on a seperate card is not populated

Hello Community 

I am hoping you can help

I have a powerapp that I want not to be able to be run if a field from a previous card is not populated. At the moment I have the field set to request text entry, however this is not tied to the  run button for the powerapp. How do I do this .The run button does lots of things - it is plugged iinto a flow which creates a case in Dynamics CRM etc. However if the field is not filled in from a previous card and field I want the run buttom to be able to stop the running of the power app and also give a legitimate error. I am not concerned about what text goes into that specific field, just that there is text in that field.

I would relaly appreciate help on this as its the last piece to get this powerapp over the line

Thank You

Roseanna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rojo ,

Do you mean if datacard isn't filled, the Run button action will not be executed?

You can use add IF function to OnSelect of Run button to judge if any datacard is blank, use Notify function to warn of Error.

If(IsBlank(DataCardValue1) || IsBlank(DataCardValue2) || IsBlank(DataCardValue3) ,Notify("Error!"),SubmitForm(Form2))

Annotation 2019-10-22 134245.png

Hope this can help.

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rojo ,

Do you mean if datacard isn't filled, the Run button action will not be executed?

You can use add IF function to OnSelect of Run button to judge if any datacard is blank, use Notify function to warn of Error.

If(IsBlank(DataCardValue1) || IsBlank(DataCardValue2) || IsBlank(DataCardValue3) ,Notify("Error!"),SubmitForm(Form2))

Annotation 2019-10-22 134245.png

Hope this can help.

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @rojo how are you progressing with this? Was the above reply helpful? 

@Anonymous 

Thank you so much for your help on this, I ended up taking a  different approach on the solution,. I put in a disable the run button if the field is not filled, but your solution will be very helpful for other projects

Thank You!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,866)