Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnP
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Add content/icons dynamically in PowerApp

Hi,

I have a form and I'm trying to simulate a simple bubble chart by plotting some values from a list (x, y and z) onto the canvas.

Since the number of values is arbitrary (from 5-15 maybe) I'd like to add the circles "programmatically" (ForAll), but I'm not sure it's currently possible?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

hi @davidni I'm interested in what you did in the blog post, but I'd like to also use the sample app. Is there a new location for it? it's no longer at the link mentioned in the blog post.

Ju123
Regular Visitor

Hi everyone,

I embedded a gallery into a container, I set the gallery relative position as (0, 0). I created list of icons within the gallery to test gallery's coordination system. One of the icon position is (0, 0). But it can be observed obviously the (0,0) icon can not be aligned with the top-left corner of the gallery, and also which parameter of gallery determined their position different is unknown. I hereby attach the snapshot below

Ju123_0-1655636962301.png

You can see the green circle of relative position (0,0) is parallel to the gallery under its parent container, which is aligned with the top-left corner of the gallery. And the blue circle is within the gallery with relative position (0, 0). Note that I have already set "template padding" to zero.

What is more, I tested your attached file, and the same problem applied as well, i.e., I set the bananas position (0 ,0), but it did align with the top-left corner of its gallery. What is the difference?

Ju123_1-1655638442246.png

I want to know how to align the green and blue circles above(let them occupy the same location visually). Otherwise, if this is a bug, hope this post can help the developer team of power apps. Thank you in advance.

Ju123
Regular Visitor

Hi everyone,

I embedded a gallery into a container, I set the gallery relative position as (0, 0). I created list of icons within the gallery to test gallery's coordination system. One of the icon position is (0, 0). But it can be observed obviously the (0,0) icon can not be aligned with the top-left corner of the gallery, and also which parameter of gallery determined their position different is unknown. I hereby attach the snapshot below

Ju123_0-1655636962301.png

You can see the green circle of relative position (0,0) is parallel to the gallery under its parent container, which is aligned with the top-left corner of the gallery. And the blue circle is within the gallery with relative position (0, 0). Note that I have already set "template padding" to zero.

What is more, I tested your attached file, and the same problem applied as well, i.e., I set the bananas position (0 ,0), but it did align with the top-left corner of its gallery. What is the difference?

Ju123_1-1655638442246.png

I want to know how to align the green and blue circles above(let them occupy the same location visually). Otherwise, if this is a bug, hope this post can help the developer team of power apps. Thank you in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,843)