cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tez
Frequent Visitor

Add contents of SharePoint dropdown list to Powerapp dropdown

Hi,

I'm a total noob so apologies but I've been searching for hours so it's time to ask a stupid question.

I have a SharePoint list call Accounts and and Column within called Cities. You can chose from 20 cities but I only have 3 entries so far...Liverpool, Manchester and Chester. I've added a drop-down to my PowerApp but for the life of me I can get it to populate with the 3 cities. Any ideas? Many thanks in advance

Tez

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tez
Frequent Visitor

That works. Many thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

On the items property of the Dropdown:

Accounts.Cities

Or

["Liverpool", "Manchester","Chester"]

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Tez
Frequent Visitor

Thanks. I tried Accounts.Cities. The code now has an exclamation mark, the Cities part has a double blue line underneath and the following warning appears.  "Warning: the columns produced  by this rule are all nested tables and or records, however the property expects at least some columns of simple values (such as text, or numbers)

Plus the drop down is blank in preview 

Any ideas?

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Tez 

Can you try to update the expression to:

Choices(Account.Cities)

In the advanced tab on the right side, you can select which column to display. There is a dropdown named Value.

yashag2255_0-1604129315396.png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Tez
Frequent Visitor

That works. Many thanks

View solution in original post

Tez
Frequent Visitor

I just realised that this solution shows every choice available in the Sharepoint column so it lists every City in the uk. Can I make it only shows the chosen values so far I.e. Liverpool, Manchester, Chester

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,184)