Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biancadevera
Helper III
Helper III

Add data from different M365 account

Hi,

I currently have an app under admin@company1.com. But I would like to connect to another data source from a different account that I also have access to. However, that account is not under my current domain. It's user@company2.com. Is this possible? Please note that these are both M365 account. I just don't have access to Power Apps service in my user@company2.com account

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @biancadevera 

you can access data from the other tenant:

• add a new connection (let's use SharePoint)
  • add the connector to your app

Current tenant (zig....)

rubin_boer_0-1640708081931.png

Let's add connection (and follow all steps, you can do this when adding data in the app as well)

rubin_boer_1-1640708155376.png

Now lets consume the data from the addedd sharepoint connection

rubin_boer_2-1640708329625.png

There you go, by adding the connection you can access data from two different M365 accounts.

Hope it helps,

R

hey there if you liked the post give it a thumbs up, and if it solved your question please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
biancadevera
Helper III
Helper III

Please help @WarrenBelz @StalinPonnusamy @CNT 

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @biancadevera 

you can access data from the other tenant:

• add a new connection (let's use SharePoint)
  • add the connector to your app

Current tenant (zig....)

rubin_boer_0-1640708081931.png

Let's add connection (and follow all steps, you can do this when adding data in the app as well)

rubin_boer_1-1640708155376.png

Now lets consume the data from the addedd sharepoint connection

rubin_boer_2-1640708329625.png

There you go, by adding the connection you can access data from two different M365 accounts.

Hope it helps,

R

hey there if you liked the post give it a thumbs up, and if it solved your question please accept it as a solution.

Hi @rubin_boer  Does it need some configuration from the Power Platform administrator like allowing external connections?

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @biancadevera I am not sure I will have to check with them, but i don't think it is necessary but will revert.

Regards,

R

biancadevera
Helper III
Helper III

This is the error I'm having. I followed the instructions you provided. After clicking SharePoint, it asks me to enter credentials where I used my second account.

error.jpg

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @biancadevera it looks like you have cross-tenant isolation which prohibit you access to other tenants. We have multi tenants and I can connect to them and other tenants which are not listed in our AAD. My understanding is that you should connect to SP unless isolation is explicitly enabled. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,713)