cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add data to different fields according to StartDate and Duration in Months

Hi everyone and Happy New Year!

I am building an Application in which we fill out data for different cases/projects. Each project has a starting date (Estimated Starting Date), client Budget (Estimated Client Budget) and duration (Duration in Days).

Ideally I would like to be able to insert the above data and then it will automatically fill out data fields for revenue per month. I have seperate fields for each month of 2020 (Jan-2020, Feb-2020, Mar-2020, etc. etc.)

As an example if I were to insert the data as following:

Estimated Starting Date: 1/1/2020

Client Budget: 90.000

Duration in Days: 90 (3 Months)

With this information it would automatically insert data as following:

Jan-2020: 30.000

Feb-2020: 30.000

Mar-2020: 30.000

May-2020: 0

-//-

Here is an example of what the interface looks like in our Application:

RevenueInSpecificMonth1.JPG

12 REPLIES 12

@Anonymous 

No worries! I'll take a look. I've been off the past few days.

EricLott
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Anonymous 

I've spent some more time on this and I'm hitting the same wall as you. This may need to be migrated to Power Automate to take advantage of the ability to loop through days. I can put something together in Power Automate, but you may want to post it on their forums as well to get some more feedback.

Still looking into it, I'll let you know what I come up with.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EricLott 

Thank you!

I have not been using Flow before, but it seems like a useful tool to incorporate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,457)