cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RussellGove
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Add edit icon to Datatable

Hi, I have a datatable showing  data from a sharepoint list, How can i add  some icons to each row (like view or edit) and jump to a different screen to view or edit the selected row?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shanescows
Super User
Super User

You cannot. Probably better to use a gallery so you can get the effect you want. As a rule I never use Data Tables. 

If you are feeling adventurous you can use the OnSelect event of the data table to display those buttons outside the data table. It is clumsy but possible. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Shanescows
Super User
Super User

You cannot. Probably better to use a gallery so you can get the effect you want. As a rule I never use Data Tables. 

If you are feeling adventurous you can use the OnSelect event of the data table to display those buttons outside the data table. It is clumsy but possible. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RussellGove,

Do you want to add a Icon control within the Data table control of your app?

Adding other controls within Data table control is not supported in PowerApps currently, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

More details about capabilities that are supported or not supported within Data table control, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-data-table#capabilitie...

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Shane. Your videos on repeating datatable helped me out a lot on this!

Shane, your edx course and videos are super useful! Quick question, if you are not a fan of datatables, how do you display a list vertical with the ability to sort multiple columns. Lets say I have submitted multiple requests, I would like to sort by Status, request date etc., Any guidance will be super helpful. 
Thanks

Kalpana

Sure would be nice if there wer a functional data table control. it would ease development efforts and ensure consistency.

Is there a uservoice on this?

@ksivanandan wrote:

Shane, your edx course and videos are super useful! Quick question, if you are not a fan of datatables, how do you display a list vertical with the ability to sort multiple columns. Lets say I have submitted multiple requests, I would like to sort by Status, request date etc., Any guidance will be super helpful. 
Thanks

Kalpana

PowerApps totally sucks!!!

denglish
Advocate II
Advocate II

@RussellGove - You may find that you're wanting to maintain features unique to DataTables, such as the ability for users resize columns, or any other reason you might have.

Since PowerApps supports emoji in text fields, add additional columns to the DataTable that contain only a specified emoji (e.g. ✏️🔎, etc.) as the Text attribute and control functionality through the OnSelect attribute. In the below example, I have added the Pencil emoji to a column that also contains the ID.

image.png

denglish_0-1598631724509.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,355)