cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyHGP
Frequent Visitor

Add email message as an attachment to PowerApps form

Hi,

I would like to add an email directly from Outlook to the attachment element of a PowerApp form.  Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Add email message as an attachment to PowerApps form

Hi @TonyHGP ,

Do you want to move  the email directly from their inbox into the Attachment control of the Edit Form in your app?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Drag or Drop functionality is not supported within Attachments control in PowerApps, if you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi, 

Right now, attachments are only supported for forms with either sharepoint or CDS. Can you share which one of these are you using so that we can better assist you? 

Thanks,

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TonyHGP ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to add email message from your Outlook directly to the Attachments control in your Edit form?

If you want to add email message from your Outlook directly to the Attachments control in your Edit form, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

The Attachments control within the Edit form only accept files uploaded from your local device. So as an alternative solution, you could consider save your Outlook email as a .msg file into your local device firstly. Then you could pick up the .msg file using the Attachments control in your Edit form:1.JPG

Please consider take a try with above alternative solution, then check if the issue is solved.

More details about Attachments in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Attachments control

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TonyHGP
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for the swift reply.

The app is part of an ordering system, the email is the confirmation which is to be attached to a Sharepoint list item therefore giving audit and reference information.  I was trying to get a drag and drop or copy and paste option to allow users to move the email directly from their inbox into the Attachment control of the Edit Form in the App. The alternative solution you suggest is how I have the app working at the moment but this is a bit of challenge to some users.  So I was trying to find an easier solution.

Again thanks for your help.

TonyHGP
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

The attachment is to be uploaded to a Sharepoint list from the PowerApp form.

Any help would be appreciated.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TonyHGP ,

Do you want to move  the email directly from their inbox into the Attachment control of the Edit Form in your app?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Drag or Drop functionality is not supported within Attachments control in PowerApps, if you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,204)