Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sofie_D
Level 8

Add field below selected radiobutton

In infopath it was possible to do the following:

Screenshot_1.png

So when you have radioboxes, you could show a description below the selected field.

I'm trying to recreate this in PowerApps but haven't found how to do this yet, is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: Add field below selected radiobutton

Something like this? 🙂 

What I did was I changed the Radio control LineHeight to 10. Then I inserted a label on top. Not elegant by any means but lets you show things the way you had hoped?

Radio Control.PNG

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
Sofie_D
Level 8

I'd like to only show the description on the item that is selected, but I don't think that's possible, so your solution is a good alternative, thanks!

Super User
Super User

Let's not give up so easy. 🙂 

Check out this video on Conditional formatting with PowerApps. The way I implement the red error text to only be visible when you type a bad email could be applied here. Only show the label when  Radio1.Selected.Value = "Option1" = true. 

That is my quick hint without writing it all for your. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
Sofie_D
Level 8

The problem is the amount of radio buttons in the control changes every time.

I tried adding the description to the radio button itself, but apparently with concatenate you can't add new lines, whitespace longer than 1 space gets removed.

Super User
Super User

Then what if you just have one label on the screen off to the side? Dynamically set it to show the description based on what was chosen in the radio button?

Sofie_D
Level 8

Yeah that's probably how I'll do it, would have been much nicer if I could do it like it used to be in infopath though 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,856)