cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gautmish
Level: Powered On

Add image control for high resolution image navigating to home screen of power-apps gallery

Hi Team, I am trying to add image to my collection using add picture control . App is redirecting me to home page of powerapps gallery . Please help . Thanks Gautmish
6 REPLIES 6
Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

Re: Add image control for high resolution image navigating to home screen of power-apps gallery

Hello @gautmish,

I suspect this happens on a mobile device when you add a high resolution image? If so then most likely your device runs out of memory and crashes. You can check this theory by running the app on a PC or on a mobile device with more memory (RAM).

gautmish

Re: Add image control for high resolution image navigating to home screen of power-apps gallery

Hi I have 6 GB RAM memory , still it is behaving the same . For low resolution image it is allowing me to add few images then after that again it behaves the same . Thanks Gautmish
Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

Thank you for confirming. 6 GB Ram should be more than enough, unless the added images are very large. BTW, does this happen on a mobile device? If so then can you please try to run your application in a web browser (Edge or Chrome) on a PC?

gautmish

Hi As i am using Add Picture control , I am not sure how the camera can be used in PC. Could you let me know what is the max file size we can upload . Thanks Gautam Mishra
Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

Normally, you could use a camera from your PC (most laptops come with built in cameras).

Since you're running on a mobile device, can you please let me know what is the camera resolution on your device (for example, 2592 X 1944).

I would suggest to try to lower the resolution of your camera and repeat your test. A lower resolution would create images of lower size. An example on how to change camera resolutino on Android S8 is here: https://www.techjunkie.com/how-to-set-camera-picture-size-and-video-size-on-galaxy-s8-and-galaxy-s8-...

You should be able to find similar instructions for your device.

gautmish

Hi dinusc Same problem exists in laptop also . laptop camera's are not having high resolution so it worked . But when I tried to upload a high resolution image from my laptop using "Add picture" -> Browse gallery , then also i am able to reproduce the issue .It will taking me out of the app . Please suggest something. Thanks Gautmish

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,634)