cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgokul95
Frequent Visitor

Add item at the first position when using Patch in a local collection

Hi Everyone, 

I have a local collection ("localColl) that is populated from the SharePoint list and I have set this as a DataSource to the Gallery. I am adding a new item using the below code:

Patch(
    localColl,
    Defaults(localColl),
    {
        'Name (Title)': "New Project",
    }
)

The above code adds the record in the bottom of the Gallery. But I need to make this add the record at the first index of the Gallery as there will be more items in the Gallery. 

Previously, I had set the SharePoint list as the DataSource directly to the Gallery and in that case, I achieved it using the Sort function. But since there are more records, there is a time delay when adding the item and then sorting and refreshing the DataSource (like it takes around 4secs for the records to appear after refreshing). 

Also since its a New item that is getting added, I am storing it in the local collection and then I am adding it to the SharePoint list only when the Save button is clicked by the user. So can anyone please help me out here to add the new record in the top of the local collection such that Gallery displays it in the first poisition.

So can an

2 REPLIES 2
lenro
Helper III
Helper III

hi @sgokul95 

To do it, you need to have either date of when it was edited or a row number in your list. By having it you will be able to sort your gallery

C-Papa
Super User
Super User

Firstly i would avoid using the Refresh() function this is what is taking the time and is often not required unless someone else is changing the database in another app. 

You just need to add a sortbycolumns to the gallery to solve this and without the refresh it should be almost instant as long as there are not huge amounts of records in the collection. Remember, sort by columns works on more than one column. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,860)