cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Add multiple textinput controls to an an existing screen and split the record into multiple rows based on no of textinput controls added

My app has a data entry form with preexisting input controls and dynamically added controls. I have to split my record based on dynamically added controls and load the data into sharepoint list as multiple records with same preexisting data and data from different dynamically added input controls

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Yes--create an order header list and an order line list. related the order line to the header with a lookup field. In the app have the user create and save the header, then add the related lines from the gallery. Only put the header fields on the header record.

that way the order status and other order details are unique and can be updated. Yo

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

So you want to have the user add multiple records that dynamically expand based on user input?

a form is not what you want—what you want is an editable grid that allows users to be able to add 1:n information that will be stored in different records

here is how you can achieve that by adding a gallery and adding text input controls to it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cloudfronts.com/create-an-editable-grid-view-in-powerapps/amp/

Highlighted

Thankyou for the quick reply. But in the grid only a set of input controls should be editable and different in different records otherwise the rest of the records to be filled with the same data in the input controls In my attachment the value in fields highlighted in yellow should remain the same for different records and the remaining fields it should differ.... The link provided unfortunately did not work....

Highlighted

Is there a reason why you need to copy those fields on each record? that's not a good design pattern to repeat the same data on multiple records. what if it changes?

create a hierarchy structure where you have a header and then related line items. Put the common fields on the header, then store the other fields on a child list.

Then in your app, first have the user fill out a form with the yellow fields, then have a grid of the child records. relate the child to the parent via a lookup field.

Highlighted

Yes, its like raising an order with multiple material, quantity and unit price etc as multiple line items where the header data of the order is same like ordering organisation, Ordering location, supplier etc.. So from your reply you wanted me to create multiple tales which will have header in one and the line items in the other which is related based on a primary key in headers table to same field in items table?

Highlighted

Yes--create an order header list and an order line list. related the order line to the header with a lookup field. In the app have the user create and save the header, then add the related lines from the gallery. Only put the header fields on the header record.

that way the order status and other order details are unique and can be updated. Yo

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks a lot.. It worked..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,519)