cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Add new column to SP list daily & refer back to new column

Hi all,

I'm new to Power Apps, I'm currently developing a Production Planning Application. I am using Sharepoint Lists as databases for the information entered to be stored. I have a list for each process, Kits & Dispatch Plan. All these lists will be edited in the application.  

Process1.PNG

I'm using a gallery with labels & text inputs as the table of entry. 

Plan.PNG

My questions:

1. How can I generate a column for every new day, for example when the planner selects Create New, a new column is added to the list, with the name of that day, & the forms then update accordingly. 

2. If they want to view previous plans, how to I refer back to the column of that specific day? It would be good if they can do it via the Date Selector. 

I've tried a whole lot of things but have had no success. 

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Zelda,

It sounds like:

• You have a screen in your app that shows a gallery that has been formatted like a table in a spreadsheet.
  • Upon creating a new process plan, you want to show a new 'column' in the gallery.

I am thinking this is a question of how to structure your data.

For every Product Reference, you may have multiple plans: Date 1, Date 2, Date N.

Instinctively, you imagine each date as its own column in SharePoint. From a perspective of consuming the data, this makes sense: you want to see the plan for each date in its own column.

For long term maintainability however, this structure does not scale well. After 30 days, you have 30 columns. 

Can you let me know if I'm understanding your context? If so, I can share some suggestions. If not, can you please clarify a little bit more?

Hi @Mr-Dang-MSFT ,

Yes that is correct. 

I have two options,

1. Create a new column everyday and refer back to it. 

2. Or keep the master plan as is & when selecting create new it, saves the plan to a new SP list called whatever date, & 'resets' that column (which I don't know how to do). But then SP will become flooded with lists, the company database would probably be a better option, but for now SP will have to do. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (36,408)