cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nakama
Frequent Visitor

Add photo from powerapps to sharepoint list in the same request

Hi everyone,

I created an app like a survey to allow the user to answer some questions and I stored data to the SharePoint list via patch function. Now I have a new challenge that I need from user to add photo from his/her phone and saved in the sharepoint list in the same request.

So how can I save the photo in ( survey list) ? in the same request?

Examble :

Below is my SharePoint list( survey list):

Q1Q2photo
test1test2attachment or photo or hyperlink

Your support, please.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@nakama ,

A Library is the only real option unless you use attachments, unless you want to make multiple multi line text fields.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @nakama ,

The easiest way is to simply add as an attachment. Put in an attachment control and when a new one is selected, most phones give the option to use the camera for a photo.

There are a couple more options involving a Flow and (the other) some JSON code, but are more complex than the above.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Thank you for your reply. how can I save attachment value into the attachment SharePoint list?

@nakama ,

Ensure Attachments are enabled on your list then add an attachment control to your form (Add Field dialogue).

Hi @nakama ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

First of all, Thank you for your response.
Actually, No, I used to add a picture and transferred to multiline text. It worked fine, but I prefer to add a photo and save directly to the SharePoint as a picture.

Thanks

Hi @nakama ,

I am a little confused - there are normal three ways of storing pictures

•  multi line text as you were doing 
  • an attachment as I mentioned
  • store in a SharePoint library Requires a Flow (Power Automate)

Which path are you wanting to head along?

Thank you for your response, the attachment doesn't work with me. What is better to allow the user to add more than one picture (five as examples)

@nakama ,

A Library is the only real option unless you use attachments, unless you want to make multiple multi line text fields.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,212)