cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LBGMantelli
Frequent Visitor

Add pin to map from addressinput control

Hi everyone, I have been using the adressinput control with tomtom maps. At the moment I can make the map show the written address, but I would like to add a pin once the address has been written down.

Is there any way to do this witout using excel or some type of data source. I only need to pin the address in that moment, not save it.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

I'm not aware of a pre-built connector for TomTom to Power Apps - are you using a custom connector?

The Bing Maps connector offers a way to put a pin on a map at a given location. There is no requirement for an external data source, only the connector. Would that work for you?

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

This is the control I am talking about:

LBGMantelli_0-1628557249218.png

I am using this to make sure that the written address exist.

The connector it's "address input" which is a premium feature.

I will check bing maps connector.

Ah, now I know which control you are talking about.

Yes, it works with an internal collection with at least three columns, a label, latitude, and longitude.

Reference your collection in the Items property of the control and select as fields the columns that hold your label, latitude and longitude. Next, ensure the ItemsLabels, ItemsLatitudes, and ItemsLongitudes properties of the control reference the correct columns from your collection. Pins should appear on the map at the locations listed in your Items.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

I already tried that but the maps starts to fill with pins (as every address is added to the collection). 

I am looking for a way to show only the address written at the moment of using the app.

Instead, can you reference a collection that contains only the information for a single location (single record)?

I did it, creating a collection only for the pin did just fine.

Thanks!

If your problem was solved, please Accept the post as a solution so that others with a similar issue can benefit in their searches.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,399)