cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Majingcth
Helper I
Helper I

Add record to a filter table

I have a Dropdown box in a form, which the items are result of a filter Sharepoint list, with Name column as the dropdown items.

How can I add additional names to the filter table ? I found several post, but no direct way, mostly suggest using a collection to store the filter result, then add data to the collection.

Thanks a lot for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

Well they are right. Collection is the only way you can append data dynamically without affecting real database. What is the problem using collection?

Majingcth
Helper I
Helper I

I would try using collection then.

My scenario is I have a SP list, with Name, User ID and Department as column.

I have a submission form with a Department dropdown box and a Name dropdown box.

The items of the Name dropdown box is base on the selection of Department Dropdown box. However, When a specific option is selected at Department, I will need to refresh the option items of Name Dropdown box, with additional name added, which are not stored in SP list.

How can I refresh the collection with additional records added to the when a specific option is selected at Department?

Appreciate your help.

You can create your collection on OnChange of the department dropdown. So, every time department dropdown changes a collection with your desired values will be created. And that collection will be the source of name dropdown.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,905)