cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Adding Custom Entity to Timeline?

Hi all,

I feel like this is probably very easy to do but I must be missing something. I've got two custom entities. One is for each of our buildings. Another is going to be for capturing information when we visit that building in person. 

On the record for the building, I would like the timeline control, without the notes, but instead have our custom entity for visits. Can someone tell me how to do that? 

I  tried making an activity entity but I couldn't figure out how to add it as an option to the timeline. I also do not know how to take the Notes activity off of the timeline.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @notj ,

Do you want to know how to set up the timeline control?

Here's a doc about it for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/set-up-timeline-control

As a customizer, you can choose which entities that you want to show activities to users as per your business requirements.

You could select the activities you want to display to the users. So you just need to not select  Notes activity in this part.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yutliu-msft I've read that document. I don't see anything resembling this direction:
Go to Settings > Customization > Customize the System. The solution explorer page opens in a new browser window.

In Step 1, it also tells you to go to <yourorg>.dynamics.com/apps. That doesn't work.

If I'm supposed to go to the entity, edit the Main form, and then open in Classic; I've done that. 

Nothing except Notes is available to choose.

2020-01-21 07_49_58-Form_ SiteVisitDetails.png

Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone added an activity entity to the timeline of another entity? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (68,233)