cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deej
Frequent Visitor

Adding Run-Only users to Flow in Solution not accepting groups

I have a requirement where I need to run a flow across multiple document libraries so I have adopted using Solutions so I can gain access to the Child Flow options. I have this working correctly and without issue.

My problem now stems from being able to share the relevant flows I have built. Access needs to be given to all team members, so I need to achieve this via adding a group / team.

Under Invite system users or teams in the Manage run-only permissions dialog, I can select a team and it is successfully added to the list. However, once I hit save the dialog window closes (without error) but no changes are saved to the permissions. The Currently shared with section is now blank. I have attempted with multiple teams but same issue. 

Adding groupAfter save
deej_0-1652072563390.png

deej_1-1652072596014.pngdeej_3-1652072773228.png

Does anybody have any idea what is going on here? I am new to using Solutions in Power Apps so there may be something obvious I am missing. Adding a single user works without issue but this is impractical to manage as we onboard new team members.

Any help will be very much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
deej
Frequent Visitor

I found the answer in another post here 
Flow inside managed solution cannot be shared (run... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

I had to setup a security group in AAD and then setup a Team in the Environment linked to this group. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Adrian_Celis
Super User
Super User

Hi @deej 

Just to clarify your objective: Are the flows in your solution triggered from a canvas app and you only want the users that you have shared the canvas app with to run the flows without having to share manually to each one of them?

deej
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Adrian_Celis, my scenario is I need to copy files from a SharePoint site that holds our document templates into a folder defined by a user. Each user has their own document library. These are run from the Automate menu in SharePoint. They are not canvas apps.

The parent flows are triggered from a selected file (SharePoint folder) and this passes the Current Document Library Name, ID of the selected folder and the template category to the child flow. The child flow (Manually trigger a flow) then searches the Template site for all documents with the defined template category (managed term set) and copies them into the folder the parent flow was run on.

The way our site is configured is that each user has their own document libraries, so I need multiple versions of the parent flow (as a single flow cannot be associated with multiple document libraries) that trigger the child flow that contains all the copy logic. Multiple users have access to each document library, so I need to be able to share the parent flow with a group. 

Here is a rough diagram

deej_0-1652138162094.png

I am trying to set the share permissions on each User Parent Flow. Hopefully this all makes sense. 

Hi @deej 

Thank you for clarifying. I did come across your problem about sharing flows inside a solution. But my flows are triggered from canvas apps. It was the reason why I avoided solutions until a colleague of mine resolved it by simply setting the connection in the Manage Run-Only Permissions section to your connection, then you don't have to share it with everyone else. But I think your case is different. I see in your screenshot that you have already changed the connection settings but it is probably a different story if it is from the Automate menu.

P.S. You can also ask the Flow community maybe they can help better.

deej
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Adrian_Celis ,

Thanks for the help so far. I will post on the specific Flow community as you suggested. 

deej
Frequent Visitor

I found the answer in another post here 
Flow inside managed solution cannot be shared (run... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

I had to setup a security group in AAD and then setup a Team in the Environment linked to this group. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (4,251)