Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gardnerlhwrc
Helper II
Helper II

Adding Tabs that searches another list

Hey All, 

Trying to see if my app can get a little bit clever but not sure how to go about it. 

I have 1 SP list that holds most of my data. Then I want to have another list that has additional data that corresponds to original item.

As an example SP List A holds the tickets coming into our and List B holds the additional details and depending on what ticket is selected from the dashboard the system goes and checks for the 'Title' and loads any data from SP list B if the 'Title' matches.

So in the below. I have TEST123456 in SP List A and SP List B. I've pulled in the value of Title card from the 'Main' tab to 'Permit Conditions' tab with DataCardValue1_2.Text but its not returning the cost value which I've manually put into SP list B.

I'm wondering if this because of the item ID is different between the 2 because of the 2 list issue.

I guess the main question, is there a way to search 2 different lists if the 'Title' is matching. 

gardnerlhwrc_0-1648482023367.png

gardnerlhwrc_1-1648482061820.png

Thanks 

L

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gardnerlhwrc
Helper II
Helper II

Rightly or Wrongly I've managed to get this to work. I ended up using the lookup function, Although feel like I shouldn't need to but it works) 

So on the individual data cards I've inputted this function in the Text property.

LookUp('Permit Conditions', DataCardValue1_1.Text = DataCardValue1_1.Text, SubmittedbyName)

This cross checks the title and see if it has any matching titles in 'Permit Conditions' list then retrieves the record from the column. I may walk into issues with this later but for now I'm happy. 

L

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@gardnerlhwrc 

Everything is referential in PowerApps, so the tabs will not produce a problem for you.

However, on your second tab, is this going into a form or are these manually entered controls you are showing?  If it is a form, what is the Item property of that form?  If it is separate controls, then what is the formula and property that you are using to try and fill in the cost value from the other list?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
gardnerlhwrc
Helper II
Helper II

Firstly, thanks for taking a look @RandyHayes

So the 2nd tab is a form. Currently in the form I have nothing for item property. 

I've tried to add the same property as the 'Main' form but that's throwing me an error due to data source. 

Sorry if this is bit obvious. I'm new to all this. 

Thanks L

gardnerlhwrc
Helper II
Helper II

So I just wanted to add bit more information here as i've been messing about. 

On my main dashboard i've added the following to my OnSelect property

Set(varFormData,Defaults('Permit Conditions')); EditForm(Form2_1);Navigate('Form Screen',ScreenTransition.Cover)

Then in my Item property on the 'Permit Conditions' form I added varFormData.

now I see the form item in preview but it doesn't seem to be showing the data that I've entered into Cost in my SP list.

gardnerlhwrc
Helper II
Helper II

Rightly or Wrongly I've managed to get this to work. I ended up using the lookup function, Although feel like I shouldn't need to but it works) 

So on the individual data cards I've inputted this function in the Text property.

LookUp('Permit Conditions', DataCardValue1_1.Text = DataCardValue1_1.Text, SubmittedbyName)

This cross checks the title and see if it has any matching titles in 'Permit Conditions' list then retrieves the record from the column. I may walk into issues with this later but for now I'm happy. 

L

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,198)