cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding Text to Text Input

I'm sorry if there is another thread on this, but I can't find it.

I have a gallery that present some text options to the user and has a plus icon to the left.  What I want is for the text in that box to be appended to a text input box.  The code I'm using is below, but it doesn't seem to update anything.

TextInput3.Text = Concatenate(TextInput3.Text, Subtitle1.Text)

I'm sure there is a better way to do this, but I can't find it.  Thanks for any help anybody can give me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

This can be deleted. As usually, just asking the question got me where I needed to be. The key is not to update the value of the text input, but set the default value to a variable. Then have the plus icon update the variable. The code below is what I used for the plus button, and just set the default text to outreason for the input box. This allows me to add things to the text, edit the text and still add more later.

Set(outreason, Concatenate(TextInput3.Text, Subtitle1.Text,Char(10),Char(10)))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

This can be deleted. As usually, just asking the question got me where I needed to be. The key is not to update the value of the text input, but set the default value to a variable. Then have the plus icon update the variable. The code below is what I used for the plus button, and just set the default text to outreason for the input box. This allows me to add things to the text, edit the text and still add more later.

Set(outreason, Concatenate(TextInput3.Text, Subtitle1.Text,Char(10),Char(10)))

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for the update and sharing.

If you need any further help when working with PowerApps, then please post back in PowerApps forum.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,230)