cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smilingbo
Frequent Visitor

Adding a flow to an app

Hello All,

Forgive me as I'm relatively new to building a power app and have a query which I hope someone will be able to help me with. 

I have built an app that has change requests (from a sharepoint list). It has several screens:

Overview - simple list of open items. You can select an item to move to the detailed view or add a new item

Detailed view - shows all the details of the item

Edit view - you can edit an item

new item - add a new item

I'm trying to add a flow (already built and works) to the app so that when an item is selected (and the flow is triggered), it runs an approval process and this is where I'm coming unstuck. So my queries are: 

- how can I select an item to run this flow? If I add a button to the detailed view, is the item then selected?

- I have added a button to the detailed view, but when I click on the button and power automate, no flows are listed and it say's 'create a flow'. Do I need to modify a triggered flow to work with power apps? 

Thanks for any help you can give me on this,

Paul

1 REPLY 1
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

What is the trigger for your flow?   In order to use a flow in Power Apps, the trigger has to be Power Apps, it won't show up otherwise.

Once you have a flow that you can run in Power Apps, you will be able to add a run statement to your button.

So yes, create a new flow that uses the Power Apps trigger.  Also if you need data from Power Apps, you will have to add the 'Ask in Power Apps' to those places in the flow.     When building your run statement in Power Apps you will need to provide that information.

Here is a resource for you:   https://youtu.be/ovLIwnj6QjU

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,031)