cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AP1979
Frequent Visitor

Adding a point/score system to questions

Hi, 

I built my first power app and now I am trying to put scores onto each question answered. I used a one-screen format, whereby I utilized a tabbed option for each section (I have 8 such sections) where it varies in the number of questions to answer. I am using one submit button to close off all eight sections.

I am looking at having each section be equal to 100% and then finding the average at the end as this is to be used as an audit on field teams however this is where I have become stuck. 

This is what I've done thus far when just submitting the questions with no score added to the questions:

If(
varTab = "Customer Experience",
Patch(
'Customer Information',
Defaults('Customer Information'),
CIForm.Updates); ResetForm(CIForm
);
Patch(
'H&E (Internal)',
Defaults('H&E (Internal)'),
HEIntForm.Updates); ResetForm(HEIntForm
);
Patch(
'H&E (External)',
Defaults('H&E (External)'),
HEExtForm.Updates); ResetForm(HEExtForm
);
Patch(
'SmartHome (Internal)',
Defaults('SmartHome (Internal)'),
SHIntForm.Updates); ResetForm(SHIntForm
);
Patch(
'SmartHome (External)',
Defaults('SmartHome (External)'),
SHExtForm.Updates); ResetForm(SHExtForm)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AP1979 ,

It would be quite complicated to achieve your need. You have no respective scores for each answer in data sources, so it will be too cumbersome to set up the scores in your App. When it's done to set up scores for each answers, get total and average scores will be simple.

One of the easiest approaches will be add serial numbers for each answer, so that you will be able to easily get the corresponding score using formula like below:

Switch(
     StartsWith(AnswerDropdown1.Selected.Value)
     "1",
     "2",
     "3",
)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AP1979 ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario? Screenshots of that screen along with some explanations will be much helpful.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hi,

Thanks for your assistance with this; I have created a tabbed app using a Sharepoint data source where each tab (12 tabs in total) has 8 - 12 questions/audits used by my team to score individuals on different aspects of their work. Where I got stuck is based on having a scoring/point system for each question, where each section would be equaled to 100% and from there find the average of all sections added together to get their overall score (out of 100%). And from there showing that on a chart showing how they performed on each of the 12 sections/tabs

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AP1979 ,

It would be quite complicated to achieve your need. You have no respective scores for each answer in data sources, so it will be too cumbersome to set up the scores in your App. When it's done to set up scores for each answers, get total and average scores will be simple.

One of the easiest approaches will be add serial numbers for each answer, so that you will be able to easily get the corresponding score using formula like below:

Switch(
     StartsWith(AnswerDropdown1.Selected.Value)
     "1",
     "2",
     "3",
)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,594)