cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding a simple timestamp

I'm sorry, I know this is a basic question, but I've just started PowerApps today, and can't seem to figure out what has to be a super-easy function.

The app I'm setting up is currently on OneDrive for Business, and is for users submitting information to a suggestion-box bounty for new ideas at our company. There's a reward involved, so these submissions need to be stamped with time and date upon creation, so if two people come up with the same idea, we know who suggested it first.

I'd like the app to automatically date and time stamp the current record in a specific field when the user clicks the Submit button. I've found a thousand ways to use Patch() to do advanced stuff, but can't figure out the simple solution to save my life. Can someone help me out with this?

Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! That did it! Now I've just got to figure out how to deal with time zones (as it saves it in UTC), but I can do that on my own.

I appreciate all of the help you've given me here, and wish you a great day.

@Anonymous 

We did it.  Hooray!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,770)