cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
professor_proto
Frequent Visitor

Adding a unique ID to the Form Title

Hi all, 

So, I have a Power Apps form which allows for a submit using a button. I want the title of the form (when submitted) to be the "ID+full name+date and time". I have concatenated that into the title box on the form, and am pulling the unique ID from sharepoint. However, my issue is that the unique ID of the title, does not appear until after the form is submitted, and by that point the title is already set.

I was wondering if I could set the unique ID of the form when it is being modified, rather than submitted, or if there is anyway to update the title automatically after. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 🙂 

Regards,

Professor P.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @professor_proto,

You just need to use the OnSuccess property of the form and refer to Form.LastSubmit to update the last submit record with the new concatenated string in the Title.

Set the OnSuccess property of the form as below:

Patch(List,Form.LastSubmit,{Title:Concatenate(User().FullName," ",Form.LastSubmit.ID," ",Text(Now(),"dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm"))})
Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @professor_proto,

You just need to use the OnSuccess property of the form and refer to Form.LastSubmit to update the last submit record with the new concatenated string in the Title.

Set the OnSuccess property of the form as below:

Patch(List,Form.LastSubmit,{Title:Concatenate(User().FullName," ",Form.LastSubmit.ID," ",Text(Now(),"dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm"))})
Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,397)