cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Re: Adding and displaying multiple comments for same customer with a date and time stamp

I did! I was getting an error. Organization is a LookUP column in Notes. 

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Re: Adding and displaying multiple comments for same customer with a date and time stamp

Sorry - I should have been more clear. The error comes up in your Step 10: 

Filter(Notes,OrgDropDown.SelectedText.Value=Organization)

I get an invalid argument type. 

OrgDropDown is from the main screen, Contacts list, Organization field.

Notes datasource has the Organization field as a LookUP to Contacts list

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @ttaylor 

Can you try below expression and see if that works:

Filter(Notes,Organization.Value =OrgDropDown.SelectedText.Value)
This need to be replaced with the column name used in dropdown to match the criteria.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you!!! This worked perfectly for the gallery. Is it possible to do this filter on a form?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@ttaylor 

A form can only accept one record at a time so you'd have to wrap it in a function that ensures only 1 record is returned (most likely the FIRST or LAST functions).  A typical statement you might type into the Items property of the form would look like this. 

First(Filter(Notes,Organization.Value =OrgDropDown.SelectedText.Value))

If for some reason the wrong result is showing, you might have to add further arguments to the filter to ensure the correct record is selected.  A unique value like an ID usually satisfies this problem.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@yashag2255 

Hats off to you dude if you finally solved this issue!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,056)