cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding attachment/ picture option to the Issue Reporting App

Hello,

According to the webpage on Issue reporting, there is an option to add attachments as shown in the attachment below. However, in the template, there is no options to add one. Does anyone know how to add an attachment function to the Issue reporting app? I have tried adding an attachment button in the "manage issue" app but it does not appear in the "reporting issue" app. 

Thank you. 

15 REPLIES 15
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The screenshot you attached is from editing tasks in Planner:

17.png

Back to adding pictures in Issue Reporting App, actually it's just hiding from the screen, you could show it via setting Visible of dtcIssuePhotos card to true:

18.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

Thanks for your reply. I have turned it on, but it appears simply just as a text in the issue reporting app. I have tried clicking on it however there is no reaction or option to upload a photo. May i know if there is anything else i can do? 

Thanks! 

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm Sorry but the settings of the template app is quite complicated.

Please follow:

1\ Edit the table "Issue Report Settings", paste your SP site address in the field:

23.png

24.png

2\ OnStart of the App, modify the First to Last in App settings variable, then run OnStart.

25.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

Thanks for the reply again! As seen in the attached, the issue reporting settings has a lot rows. Do i copy the sharepoint link to every single row? Additonally, the sharepoint link refers to the planner link that is connected to the issue reporting application? 

Sorry for the questions. Thanks!  

Hi @Anonymous ,

The shared document folder in the SharePoint site address is where the uploaded photos to be saved. And yes you need to paste the link in each row of the table.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I have inserted a SharePoint site address to the list. However, it stated that the folder link has exceeded the limit length ( see att sharepoint location). 

I was able to use the sharepoint document page link instead. However, when i submit the issue with the picture, the picture is not attached to the planner and is not found in the sharepoint address that i have inserted. I have checked the dataverse (issue report photos) as shown in the attached and the sharepoint address is the same as the one I have inserted above. May I know is the link the error in this case? 

With regards, 

Jean 

JhnH

having the same issues as @Anonymous , this is the only issue stopping me from user the reporting app which is a shame as it is very useful. Is there no way around this to add photos to the reporting app?

TDuemesnil

I have the same Problem.

ldsimmons11

According to the webpage on Issue reporting app, there is an attachment option that should feed to Planner. I have gone through the steps mentioned on this entry and successfully added the application to add a Photo. Is there a way to to insure this attachment will feed to Planner? I am at the same stopping point that the others in the group are having.2021-06-10_14-25-50.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,417)