cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hari

Adding attachments to a SPO list from SharePoint document library

Hi,

I am trying to add an item attachment in SPO list and the file location is in SPO  Document Library .The attachment default location is from local drive .I need to point to Document Library , and store that attachment value in list item which contains file CDN url .

Can any one one help me how we can achieve this scenario in power Apps please .

Regards,

Aluri

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @hari ,

The attachment control will only upload local device files. You would need to link to the Library, send the ID of the desired item and the target list item to a flow and attach it with that. Something like this

WarrenBelz_0-1651094373376.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @hari ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

hari

Hi Warren,

sorry for the late response ,

Sure I will try and let you know the result. we are wafting for the full license 

mean while also I am trying another way around, need your help ,

I am trying to get it done using SPO out-of-box features ,

adding lookup site column column with multiple values .

Lookup will be the source document column which is storing CDN  image urls , and destination will be the a list, look up site column, referring CDN image urls multiple values option  .So far things are good , but I am not sure lookup column can be scrawled in the search, managed properties list .while will be expose this value through API .

will it work ?

I appreciate your valuable suggestion.

Regards,

Hari

Hi @hari ,

I do not use lookup columns and there are very few reasons you might need to in Power Apps. You can do the same lookup in Power Apps without the restrictions and complications the columns add.

hari

HI @WarrenBelz 

Thanks for your reply , and thanks for understanding the requirement .

I really wanna approach the same which you have been suggesting to me , because of the complexity to maintain or troubleshoot the approach I have shared to you .

regarding Power App approach , unfortunately I am waiting for the approvals from my team to go ahead and implement the power apps .

Mean while I would like to go through the steps on free version power apps on Dev env as a POC , could you please share me the detailed steps to achieve your approach , it will be great , as I am new to Power Apps .

Regards,

Hari

@hari ,

You need to join both as data sources and then repeat whatever you are using in the Lookup column using a Power Apps LookUp.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,738)