cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Adding data from a Flow to a ComboBox.

I am having problems getting my ComboBox to display any data.

I have built a Flow that returns a table of two columns using an SQL Stored Procedure. This has been run & tested successfully.

I have added the following to the OnVisible Property of my Screen:

ClearCollect(lookupYears, LookupAllYears.Run())

In my ComboBox Properties, I have added lookupYears as my Data source, Layout Double, and set Primary text, Secondary Text & SearchField.

In Items I have lookupYears.

When I run this - there is no data in my ComboBox. What am I missing?

Update:

This is the first form in a series. When I returned to the form, the data loaded correctly. It would be appear that OnVisible does not work first time!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @stapes ,

How do you open your form screen at the first time?

Have you ever tried to close the app and restart it again to check if the OnVisible property works?

If you just the click the Play button in the web studio when editing, the codes in OnVisible property won't run,  they need to run after the screen appears, in another word, they need to go through a screen transition.

You also can put the codes to OnStart property, and click Run OnStart button to debug your codes conveniently.

Annotation 2019-11-25 114004.png

In addition, you can check the Runs status of Flow to check if your flow has ran?

Best regards,

Sik

Helper I
Helper I

Hi @stapes 

In the app editor, if you start your app and transition to this screen, have you tried using View/Collections to see whether your collection has successfully populated at this point? I find this really useful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (91,067)