cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TiesP
Frequent Visitor

Adding data source error: the request was not sent or no response was received from the server. check your internet connection.

Hi guys,

I am getting a error when connecting to a data source. When trying to refresh or adding a new data source it is giving the following error:

the request was not sent or no response was received from the server. check your internet connection.

When trying with a different account on a different browser it is giving the same error.

Inkednnnnnn_LI.jpg

Does some know a solution? Thank you for your interest in advance.

17 REPLIES 17
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TiesP ,

Please try to delete the existing connection of the SharePoint and add a new one:

vjefferni_0-1626771018603.png

Then in Power Apps studio try to add the list data source again.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

TiesP
Frequent Visitor

Hey,

Thank you for the reaction. I was thinking about that solution too, but I think that it will propably not solve the issue. I am working from a different computer now and there is no error. Also, I tried deleting and adding with other connections, however I am getting with all connections the same error.

Do you think there is an another option that will fix this issue?

Best regards, TiesP

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TiesP ,

Basically, it can be considered that there is a problem with THIS computer. Please try:

1\ Check network connection if there is any difference with others.

2\ Clear cache of the browser and restart the computer.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

TiesP
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jefferni ,

Thank you again for the reaction. Indeed, the issue is with the computer. I tried both of the options you gave, but it doesn't resolve the issue.  When working on a other computer everything works fine.

I tried: 

• Different browser 
  • Cleared cache 
  • Restart 
  • Different network connections 

Are there any other options I can try? 

Best regards,

TiesP

Specoop
Helper III
Helper III

I'm also receiving this issue. When I edit my powerapp, nothing loads - receiving "The request was not sent or there was no response from the server. Check your internet connection." However, when I play the powerapp in the browser, it works perfectly (connections work). I cannot add new connections in the powerapp in edit mode. I too have tried restarting, clearing cached etc. It's worked excellent in the past.

I wonder if this is a wider spread issue? I'm having the same issue trying to add a SP Picture Library to a Gallery, but keep getting this

VIP567_0-1627493860142.png

Created a different test one and it works fine...

*EDIT*

Definitely something going on..I tested on another computer and the issues I've been having the last few days are gone...

Specoop
Helper III
Helper III

Ya...I'm not quite sure. But I can't add new connections, I can't refresh existing connections, I can't export it. Literally nothing works - luckily it still works great on my mobile phone, but I I'm really hoping to make some edits...

Error.png

Also - I checked my other apps that are part of this account and they're not working either. It's very odd.

Yea try on another computer if you can. I just tried and everything is working..guess its just another one of those powerapps things that makes you rip out your hair haha

Specoop
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks VIP567 - I tried incognito mode and a few browsers without success - will try a new computer now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,269)