cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TiesP
Frequent Visitor

Adding data source error: the request was not sent or no response was received from the server. check your internet connection.

Hi guys,

I am getting a error when connecting to a data source. When trying to refresh or adding a new data source it is giving the following error:

the request was not sent or no response was received from the server. check your internet connection.

When trying with a different account on a different browser it is giving the same error.

Inkednnnnnn_LI.jpg

Does some know a solution? Thank you for your interest in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TiesP
Frequent Visitor

I resolved the issue by deleting Bitdefender Antivirus Free edition from my computer. After this removal, PowerApps worked without any issues again.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TiesP ,

Please try to delete the existing connection of the SharePoint and add a new one:

vjefferni_0-1626771018603.png

Then in Power Apps studio try to add the list data source again.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

TiesP
Frequent Visitor

Hey,

Thank you for the reaction. I was thinking about that solution too, but I think that it will propably not solve the issue. I am working from a different computer now and there is no error. Also, I tried deleting and adding with other connections, however I am getting with all connections the same error.

Do you think there is an another option that will fix this issue?

Best regards, TiesP

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TiesP ,

Basically, it can be considered that there is a problem with THIS computer. Please try:

1\ Check network connection if there is any difference with others.

2\ Clear cache of the browser and restart the computer.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

TiesP
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jefferni ,

Thank you again for the reaction. Indeed, the issue is with the computer. I tried both of the options you gave, but it doesn't resolve the issue.  When working on a other computer everything works fine.

I tried: 

• Different browser 
  • Cleared cache 
  • Restart 
  • Different network connections 

Are there any other options I can try? 

Best regards,

TiesP

Specoop
Helper III
Helper III

I'm also receiving this issue. When I edit my powerapp, nothing loads - receiving "The request was not sent or there was no response from the server. Check your internet connection." However, when I play the powerapp in the browser, it works perfectly (connections work). I cannot add new connections in the powerapp in edit mode. I too have tried restarting, clearing cached etc. It's worked excellent in the past.

I wonder if this is a wider spread issue? I'm having the same issue trying to add a SP Picture Library to a Gallery, but keep getting this

VIP567_0-1627493860142.png

Created a different test one and it works fine...

*EDIT*

Definitely something going on..I tested on another computer and the issues I've been having the last few days are gone...

Specoop
Helper III
Helper III

Ya...I'm not quite sure. But I can't add new connections, I can't refresh existing connections, I can't export it. Literally nothing works - luckily it still works great on my mobile phone, but I I'm really hoping to make some edits...

Error.png

Also - I checked my other apps that are part of this account and they're not working either. It's very odd.

Yea try on another computer if you can. I just tried and everything is working..guess its just another one of those powerapps things that makes you rip out your hair haha

Specoop
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks VIP567 - I tried incognito mode and a few browsers without success - will try a new computer now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,295)