cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dompanha
Frequent Visitor

Adding image from PowerApps to business central online

I want to use camera phone to take a picture from PowerApps and upload to business central table (Customer), so is there anyone know how to do please kindly share your idea.

Best Regards,
Panha
3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @dompanha ,

Do you upload a image from your PowerApps app back to your business central table?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the Patch function could achieve your needs. Firstly, you need to create a Blob field in your business central table to store the image data uploaded from your PowerApps app.

Then create a Blank canvas app, add your business central table as data source. Then add a Camera control (Camera1) within this app. Add a "Submit" button, set the OnSelect property to following:

Patch(
       'Business Central Table',
        Defaults('Business Central Table'),
        {
          'Primary Field': "xxx",
           BlobField: Camera1.Photo
        }
)

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-xida-msft,
the problem is i can't see the blob field in business central table, in table Customer the blob field is Picture but using connector in PowerApps i can't see this field, thanks for your comment.

@dompanha 

I have been struggling with obtaining a picture from business central. I would suspect that the challenge you are facing is caused by the same issue with the connector that causes my challenge.

The "tables" that is available with the business central connector does not contain the exact same data as you would find in the Customer table in business central. The available tables in the connector are API's, and hence, have pre-defined content specified by Microsoft. For an example, if you take a look at the table named purchaseDocuments in the business central connector, it will have all invoices and orders related to purchasing, but the table does not exsist in the Business central. 

I guess that you could solve your problem using a Flow consisting of business central functions or HTTP-calls.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,045)