cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShadowTech
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Adding images taken by camera control to SharePoint list attachments.

Hello,

I have a camera control connected to an image gallery. I want to be able to click a camera icon in another Gallery (main SharePoint List gallery), which will make the camera control and image gallery visible, take photos, then click a button which will add those images to the attachments field of the SharePoint list item selected in the main gallery.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ShadowTech ,

As I mentioned, this is a complex workaround and you really need to understand it (I cannot walk you through this if you do not, which is why I did a blog explaining the logic). 

You have not followed the collection I posted if you do not see Value in colImage, but please read it again and try to understand how it is working.

I personally do not use it (and we do 100k photos annually in the field) - I use a simple Flow into a Library, or if wanting an attachment use the Upload Photo control.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @ShadowTech ,

I have a blog on Image storage and viewing that should assist you here.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz Is there an alternative to using OneDrive?

Thanks.

@WarrenBelz I like the attachments without the flow rout you have there but I'm a bit confused in parts. Can you clarify the process? Is it one form with two attachments fields or two different forms? How is that accomplished here?

Thanks in advance.

@ShadowTech ,

One attachment field can hold multiple attachments and you cannot use OneDrive for this (possibly with a lot of effort in a Flow but I have never attempted it - or needed to).

The Flow is actually the easiest way - I have a blog on a more complex workaround without a Flow if you want to try it.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz To clarify, rather not use the flow and use OneDrive. I like then attachments path better. So Do I just create one form with with the SharePoint List as the data source and us the default attachments field? And how would I tie in the new form to the item I just selected?

Screenshot 2021-07-20 152934.jpg

Is this the update of data card for the attachment's field? Just to be clear.

Thanks again.

Hi @ShadowTech ,

In answer to your first question - yes - you can attach multiple files to a SharePoint list item. You need to read and properly understand that blog I posted before you attempt that one.

@WarrenBelz  Here is what I have below. Maybe I'm missing something.

attachmentsdatacard.jpg

Form is called - FormPhoto

Item property of FormPhot - LookUp(SharePointList, ID = Gallery1.Selected.ID)

Attachments datacard (Update) - acPhotos.Attachments

Datacard value (Item) - colImage

Photos gallery - acPhotos.Attachments  (Anywhere else this needs to be changed? getting an error here as well)

Image control - ThisItem.Value     (Getting an error)

In the acPhotos attachment control I don't see "Value".

value.jpg

Also, what is "camAttach.stream" referencing the camera?

Thanks

@ShadowTech ,

As I mentioned, this is a complex workaround and you really need to understand it (I cannot walk you through this if you do not, which is why I did a blog explaining the logic). 

You have not followed the collection I posted if you do not see Value in colImage, but please read it again and try to understand how it is working.

I personally do not use it (and we do 100k photos annually in the field) - I use a simple Flow into a Library, or if wanting an attachment use the Upload Photo control.

View solution in original post

@WarrenBelz Got the attachments solution working. Had to tweak it a bit.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,141)