cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Adding item/property to custom connector not appearing in PowerApps designer

I have an app connected to a custom API connector that was previously pulling two properties from a JSON object but I added a third and it is not appearing as an option in PowerApps designer when I try to add it to a gallery using 'ThisItem.thirdProp'.  It shows up when I test the connector in the connector editor.  How do I let PowerApps designer know that the connector has an extra data property/element?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: Adding item/property to custom connector not appearing in PowerApps designer

Well it looks as though I answered my own question but the solution isn't ideal.  I added the same custom data connector to my PowerApps project (which changed the name of my data source to [datasourceName]_1), then I removed the original one.  I guess that is enough to 'clear the cache' in the designer, but it also forces you to find where you are using the data source name and append an '_1' to the end of it (or whatever new name PowerApps assigns your data source).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: Adding item/property to custom connector not appearing in PowerApps designer

Well it looks as though I answered my own question but the solution isn't ideal.  I added the same custom data connector to my PowerApps project (which changed the name of my data source to [datasourceName]_1), then I removed the original one.  I guess that is enough to 'clear the cache' in the designer, but it also forces you to find where you are using the data source name and append an '_1' to the end of it (or whatever new name PowerApps assigns your data source).

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,665)