cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Adding items to a SharePoint List

Hi guys, 

I know there are a lot of people asking for help with this sort of thing and I have gone through alot of the posts and tried them already hence why I have come here to post. 

I have a form (PowerApps Phone) like below

Annotation 2019-06-25 123902.png

The add button (btnAdd) has a command behind it when they click it (OnSelect). This is where I am running into issues. I want to push whats in the text boxes into a SharePoint List which has the following fields (Title, Brand, Model, Serial, Asset). 

The code I have: Patch('Tech-Bench Items', Defaults('Tech-Bench Items'), Title:lblJobID,Brand:txtBrand,Model:txtModel,Asset:txtAsset})

lblJobID is gotten form the previous Screen of the app that takes customer details.

When I click Add I get the little red X in a circle which states "An unkonw error occurred". 
I have been at this since 9am this morning and dont want to let it beat me.

Thanks for your help in advanced. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Adding items to a SharePoint List

And after some time looking at it I found out why it was not working. 

The code I was using did not have .Text after each of the items, once I put that in everything worked. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Adding items to a SharePoint List

And after some time looking at it I found out why it was not working. 

The code I was using did not have .Text after each of the items, once I put that in everything worked. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,081)