cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding new entity from data, technical preview - authentication error

I'm trying to use the new feature to add a sharepoint online list as an entity, but am facing several authentication issues. First off, there are only 2 options to authenticate against when you choose SharePoint online list as the data- Anonymous and Microsoft account. anonymous obviously doesn't authenticate correctly so I receive the invalid credentials error. With the microsoft account, i can get past the authentication phase by using my O365 credentials NOT by microsoft account as the name would imply. However, when i go to edit the query so I can apply my desired filters, I am again faced with the invalid credentials error.

Does anyone have any tips?2017-08-23_14-42-08.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding new entity from data, technical preview - authentication error

This fix has been confirmed from the Microsoft Team. There was an authentication bug that was uncovered. I'm able to connect to a SPO list as expected now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for reporting this.

I think your situation is better than my testing, the UI would always show me an Invalid credentials.error at the top of hte connection page:

30.PNG

I will send the feedback through our channel, and update here once I got any response back.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This fix has been confirmed from the Microsoft Team. There was an authentication bug that was uncovered. I'm able to connect to a SPO list as expected now.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Dogbyte
Frequent Visitor

I see that there was a solution and a bug confirmed, but no information about what the fix is? Was this simply a bug that you guys are saying was fixed after the MS Team found it? I still get this same behavior when trying to create a new entity from a spreadsheet. It always says the credentials are wrong. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,056)