cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
russoedu
Regular Visitor

Adding new entry on a SharePoint list and setting the new entry on the SharePoint lookup list of the parent

Hi there,

I'm creating a canvas app that uses SharePoint lists.

The main list has one of the fields as a lookup to another list.

What I'm trying to do is having a way of adding new entries to this lookup list and setting it on the parent at the same time

So, on the parent I have this "Incident history".

russoedu_0-1623680906052.png

I want to be able to add new history data and as soon as I add, set them on the parent.

My relation will be 1 parent to n child. The same "update history" will not be selected by any other incident, so I will disable the selectbox and leave only the "add" button.

I'm able to create new "history" data, but I want to set it on the parent as soon as it is created.

I'm trying to work with "Patch" but I'm not sure I understand how to update.

This how my parent table is set:

russoedu_1-1623681218913.png

My form "Item" is set to "IncidentsList.Selected" (from a previous selection screen) and my DataCard Default is set with "IncidentsList.Selected.'Incident history'" and the gallery where I'm actually displaying the data is using 

`Filter(Sort('AUTO.History', 'Update date', Descending), ID in ThisItem.'Incident history'.Id)`

as "Items"

Any idea on how to do this "create + add"

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,979)