cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neha2904
Frequent Visitor

Adding same attachment to multiple sharepoint list items

I have a simple power app that connects and displays data from a share point list.

I need to create a page where I can upload an attachment to a sharepoint list item. i.e. Lets say I have 5 records with PO# 123, then the upload button should attach the file to all 5 list items. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Neha2904 ,

You cannot attach more than one item at a time to an Attachment control. You can however save all attachments at one time after they are uploaded - is this what you are meaning?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Neha2904 ,

You cannot attach more than one item at a time to an Attachment control. You can however save all attachments at one time after they are uploaded - is this what you are meaning?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Thanks for the response.

I actually wanted to copy the same attachment to multiple line items which is not available in editing a list via grid view nor via powerapps. Because it is tedious for a user to upload the same file to 10 line items one by one.

@Neha2904 ,

Yes that is true

Just wondering if you had found a way to your question? @Neha2904  I am trying to do the same to my app as well

No, it is not possible manually. 

@Neha2904Not sure if this is what you need but I managed to patch the same attachment to multiple List Items last night.

What I did was using FORM for columns that contains repeated data, and then use Gallery for inputs of other unique values for each row.

Then use PATCH function to upload values from gallery to List + Form.updates .

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,824)