cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Adding the user's signature after a Launch("mailto:") function & adding HTML to the mail

Hi everyone, 

I need some help regarding a formula in PowerApps.

I am using the Launch("mailto:" & "?subject =" & "&body =") formula and it works really fine as it opens Outlook and fills the different fields. 

My questions here are:

1. Is there a way I can add HTML into the body of the mail ? I've tried using <b></b> etc. but the text doesn't change.

2. Is there a way to add the current user's signature automatically at the end of the mail ?

Thanks for your help.

Arman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@ArmanShafiee 

Sorry about that...I saw <b> and thought <br> for some reason.

Then no, doing a launch with the mailto: will not allow html in the body parameter.  See RFC 6068 for more details.

You can do so with the SendEmail functions of the Outlook connector, but this will not launch an email application, it would all be done within your app. 

As well, that doesn't allow for signatures either, but you could at lease simulate such a thing there.

Incidentally, in regard to signatures, they have always been a part of the email application and stored locally on the device.  Microsoft has recently announced moving the signatures to the cloud as part of your account. So perhaps one day the connectors will allow you to utilize it as well.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@ArmanShafiee 

You might want to take a look at this post in regard to adding line breaks in your email body.

However, for the signature, that is going to be a setting for the email client, it is not something you can force into your launch statement.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted

Hi @RandyHayes and thanks for your reply.

I already managed adding breaks in my email. 

My question wasn't clear enough.

I wanted to know if it's possible to add bold or italic characters in my body ?

Thanks,

Arman

Highlighted

@ArmanShafiee 

Sorry about that...I saw <b> and thought <br> for some reason.

Then no, doing a launch with the mailto: will not allow html in the body parameter.  See RFC 6068 for more details.

You can do so with the SendEmail functions of the Outlook connector, but this will not launch an email application, it would all be done within your app. 

As well, that doesn't allow for signatures either, but you could at lease simulate such a thing there.

Incidentally, in regard to signatures, they have always been a part of the email application and stored locally on the device.  Microsoft has recently announced moving the signatures to the cloud as part of your account. So perhaps one day the connectors will allow you to utilize it as well.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,047)