cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hughrmarks
Helper IV
Helper IV

Adding variables

I have five labels and each is assigned a variable (vLabel1, vLabel2, vLabel3, vLabel4, and vLabel5) so that OnSelect, it toggles between true and false. I have it set so that the label is blue when the variable is false and red when it is true. All I need to do is to calculate the number of red labels versus the number of blue. I am just finding it hard to create an equation to count the number of labels that are true versus the number that are false. I need to be able to say Red = 2, Blue = 3, for example.
2 REPLIES 2
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @hughrmarks

One way to do this is to add your variables to a table. In the example below, the Table function creates a table with 5 rows. The column name is 'Variable' and each row in the table corresponds to a vLabelX variable.

You can then call the CountIf function and specify a condition to return a row count.

The formula to return a count of red labels would look like this:

CountIf(
        Table({Variable:vLabel1},{Variable:vLabel2}, {Variable:vLabel3},{Variable:vLabel4},{Variable:vLabel5}),
        Variable=true
)

The formula to return a count of blue labels would look like this:

CountIf(
        Table({Variable:vLabel1},{Variable:vLabel2}, {Variable:vLabel3},{Variable:vLabel4},{Variable:vLabel5}),
        Variable=false
)
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hughrmarks,

I agree with @timl's thought almost, I have made a test on my side and my app's configuration as below:19.JPGAdd a Label control within your screen, the Text property of it set to following formula:

"Red="&CountIf(
        Variable=true
)&", Blue="&CountIf(
        Variable=false
)

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,292)