Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnotherRedbeard
Advocate I
Advocate I

Address Input control not supported from Windows 10 PowerApps app

Hi there,

I've created an app that uses the newly created Address input control to lookup addresses.  Everything works fine from the browser and the mobile app store apps BUT when I attempt to use this app (with the Address input control) from within the Windows 10 Power Apps App (downloaded from the Microsoft Store) I get the following:

AnotherRedbeard_0-1628628440403.png

I'm hoping this is just a temporary issue, but would love for someone from the product team to comment on if this is on the roadmap to fix.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The windows store app is several versions behind in Power Apps and isn't getting updates.  This is a known issue and I don't expect that to change.  For Windows machines it is best to use a browser.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The windows store app is several versions behind in Power Apps and isn't getting updates.  This is a known issue and I don't expect that to change.  For Windows machines it is best to use a browser.

AnotherRedbeard
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @Pstork1 ,

Thanks for the reply.  Do you happen to have a link to a doc that states this is a known issue?  I'd like to have something pseudo-official to pass along.

Thanks!

Not exactly a full statement, but this blog announcing the deprecation of the authoring part of the Windows Store app was the start of it.  PowerApps Studio for the Web is Generally Available for Production Use | Microsoft Power Apps .  You can also check the Power Apps version inside the Windows App vs. the Web app.

Windows Store App

image.png

Web App

image.png

The Windows store app is way behind even though its the most recent release.

AnotherRedbeard
Advocate I
Advocate I

@Pstork1 ,

Thanks for this additional info.  I'll come back to check on this b/c I'd like for someone at Microsoft to speak to this if possible.  If I don't hear anything after a few weeks i'll mark your response as the accepted solution.

I guess I just don't understand why they wouldn't keep the Windows store app up to date...are they moving away from it?

Yes, they are moving away from it.  They don't see any particular benefit to running bots in the app vs. in a browser.  There are some benefits, but they don't see it that way because most only apply to people running on tablets like the surface.  Their main focus now is on maintaining the apps for IOS and Android.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,167)