cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben_Shil
Frequent Visitor

Address input component (Preview) - Can't reset/clear

Hi All

Have enabled Geo location and added a 'Address input component (Preview)' input into a app.

The address auto-fill works great but I can't figure out what command to add to a reset button to clear it back to blank.

It's part of a form with some hidden fields that pull aspects of the address which works great but because i can't clear/reset it the fields won't clear either.

Manually entering and deleting the text isn't really a great workaround.

Anyone come across this or have a solution?  

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ben_Shil ,

Do you want to clear the search text within the 'Address input component (Preview)' control via pressing a "Reset" button?

If you want to reset the 'Address input component (Preview)' control in your canvas app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs.

Currently, within PowerApps, the 'Reset' property is not available in your 'Address input component (Preview)' control, you could not use Reset function to reset the 'Address input component (Preview)' control.

If you would like this feature to be added, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
KLatch
Resolver I
Resolver I

I had the same issue - the lookup function works great, but there is no way to reset the control for further use. After some tinkering though, I found a way to do it albeit in a pretty hacky way.

First, you need a collection, the collection contains nothing but a single integer value. It is resetting this collection that allows the address input to be reset. On a hidden button somewhere, enter:

AddressInputResetButton.OnSelect = ClearCollect(_cAddressInputReset,{Value: 1+Max(_cAddressInputReset,Value)})

Now, to set up the address input. Insert a gallery, then insert the address input into it. Format the gallery so that it is the same size as your address input to make it look nice. Then, set the items property of the gallery to:

Gallery.Items = Last(_cAddressInputReset)

This will give us a single line gallery with an address input in it.

Now, whenever you want to reset the control, just trigger the button made previously with:

Select(AddressInputResetButton)

This will clear the gallery, and with it the populated address input, and then add in a new row with a fresh address input.

CPlus
Frequent Visitor

Hi KLatch

Thank you for the idea, instead using a collection, you can use a variable.

Cheers

Sam

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (49,833)