cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Admin List Error ( Help desk Sample)

Hi I am struggling to login as admin user, ever after updating the admin list as set out in this guide. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/help-desk-install 

I know that One possibility is often companies have two email formats for the same user, where one is an alias. For example, firstName.lastName@companyName.com and firstNameLastInitial@companyName.com

I have tried all possible cobenations, however I am still struggling to get the right email, I also tried the setting then the "Text" property to "MyProfile.Mail.", even after typing the email address that is returned i am still unable to access the app as an  helpDesk admin user. 

The only way i  can change the status of a ticket is by editing the sharepoint list. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

If you have more than 1 admin, please use a comma to delimit the admin. Example: "admin1@microsoft.com","admin2@microsoft.com". To ensure the addresses in the AdminList match the format PowerApps expects, select View > Variables > Global > MyProfile and look at the 'Mail' column to see the expected email format.

Just make sure your collection has the list of admins correctly configured. The only possibility of your issue lies in the collection Adminlist. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

I have the same issue. were you able to find a soulution?

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

If you have more than 1 admin, please use a comma to delimit the admin. Example: "admin1@microsoft.com","admin2@microsoft.com". To ensure the addresses in the AdminList match the format PowerApps expects, select View > Variables > Global > MyProfile and look at the 'Mail' column to see the expected email format.

Just make sure your collection has the list of admins correctly configured. The only possibility of your issue lies in the collection Adminlist. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi in your solution you say ensure that the collection adminlist contains a email address what if its blank ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,903)