Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luvagoldenk9
Helper I
Helper I

After Updating Gallery Item > Return to Gallery and Items are not selectable

Hi,

Have a Power App with source=Share Point List. The left-side gallery shows the items from that list and when an item is selected from the gallery, the item details show on the right-hand side. The default when you come into the app is to display only those items with Status = 'Submitted'. The user can select the 'Awaiting Assignment' or 'Rejected' buttons and the gallery filters to show leads with those statuses or the 'All Leads' button which will display all items from the share point list:

GalleryIssue.jpg

Starting with the 'Submitted Leads', the user will click the 'See Research Notes' which is a grouped popup and displays over the gallery on the left. When the Research Notes are saved, the On-Select action status from the grouped popup will update the status on the selected Share Point list record from 'Submitted' to 'Awaiting Assignment' via a Patch/Lookup command. The Research Notes grouped popup then disappears and the gallery on the left is visible. Since the status was updated, the gallery on the left no longer shows that item as it no longer has status=Submitted (which is what is expected). For example:

If Test 5 was selected above > then the 'See Research Notes' button is selected; the notes are entered > a Save button is clicked to save the notes, the Share Point list item selected record status is updated from 'Submitted' to 'Awaiting Assignment' > the gallery no longer shows Test 5 but Test 4 is shown ... this is the expected result and it all works:

GalleryIssue2.jpg

Here is the problem ... the gallery DisplayMode is 'edit' and does not change. After the research notes are saved and the status on the selected record updated, the gallery returns but does not allow the user to select any of the remaining gallery item lines (like Test4 or Test3). I need to hit one of the other buttons ('Awaiting Assignment', 'All Leads', or 'Rejected') to refilter the gallery and get the gallery activated again where an item can be selected.

If I hit 'Rejected' to display all the Rejected line items, I can select any of the rejected gallery line items and the details display on the right. If I reselect 'Submitted Leads', the Submitted gallery lines are displayed correctly however none of them can be selected (it's like the gallery freezes once the status is updated from 'Submitted' to 'Awaiting Assignment' on one of the Submitted line items).

Thoughts ... ideas ... suggestions? THANK YOU!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there!

So having another set of fresh eyes take a look at it helped to fix the problem.

Each of the filter buttons has a variable (true/false) set. On the OnSelect, we to reset the variable for the yellow Submitted Leads button to true and that worked. The gallery items are now selectable and all is good.

EDITED: A few days later the issue reappeared and the filter buttons would not work on the Gallery. After reading a couple other posts, I deleted the gallery visual and rebuilt it. The filter buttons all work perfectly on the newly rebuilt gallery. 

Again, thank you for your assistance and input 😀

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jesudas
Helper I
Helper I

Have you tried to refresh the gallery?

try the statement refresh(datasourcename)

Thank you for your suggestion.

Yes, the gallery is getting refreshed. The problem is when returning back to the filtered gallery, none of the items can be selected and the DisplayMode is edit. 

can you please share your code for Onselect button "submitted leads" ?

Hi there!

So having another set of fresh eyes take a look at it helped to fix the problem.

Each of the filter buttons has a variable (true/false) set. On the OnSelect, we to reset the variable for the yellow Submitted Leads button to true and that worked. The gallery items are now selectable and all is good.

EDITED: A few days later the issue reappeared and the filter buttons would not work on the Gallery. After reading a couple other posts, I deleted the gallery visual and rebuilt it. The filter buttons all work perfectly on the newly rebuilt gallery. 

Again, thank you for your assistance and input 😀

View solution in original post

glad to know that your issue is resolved. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,830)