cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

After item submit, same record is not able to load

I am using list with customized powerapp form. After item got submitted to list, I am not closing the screen. Instead i am showing the same screen to the user by enabling some other options. But unfortunately after when i submit the item to list, submission was successfull, but instead of to load newly added item to the form, it is loading first item from the list. This is because, there is a formula applied on Item property of new form which is as below, which means after submission SharePointIntegration.Selected is coming as empty. Any solution?

If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),First('Expense Submissions'),SharePointIntegration.Selected)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MihirY,

If you want to get the Item ID of the new created record within your SP list, please take a try with the following formula:

Last('Expense Submissions').ID

When you edit an item within your SP list, the SharePointIntegration.SelectedItemID formula would return the Item ID of the edited item. But when you create an item within your SP list, the SharePointIntegration.SelectedItemID formulawould return empty (or blank).

More details about SharePoint forms integration, please check the following article:

SharePoint forms integration

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MihirY,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want the new created record to be loaded within the same screen when you submitted the data?

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

• Set the OnSuccess property of the SharePointForm1 to following formula:

ResetForm(SharePointForm1)
  • Set the Items property of the SharePointForm1 to following formula:
If(
IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),
Last('20180405_case7_Users'),
SharePointIntegration.Selected
)

Note: The '20180405_case7_Users' represents the SP list on my side.

On your side, you should type the following formula within Items property of SharePointForm1:

If(
IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),
Last('Expense Submissions'),
SharePointIntegration.Selected
)

The GIF image as below:Test1.gif

Best regards,

Kris

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is the solution that I have implemented. But this is a work around, not a solution in my view. Because based on this saved item, i am doing some other operations. I need to use SharePointIntegration.SelectedItemId but, this is coming as blank. So i need to write a custom formula to get the item id based on Last('DataSource).

Hi @MihirY,

If you want to get the Item ID of the new created record within your SP list, please take a try with the following formula:

Last('Expense Submissions').ID

When you edit an item within your SP list, the SharePointIntegration.SelectedItemID formula would return the Item ID of the edited item. But when you create an item within your SP list, the SharePointIntegration.SelectedItemID formulawould return empty (or blank).

More details about SharePoint forms integration, please check the following article:

SharePoint forms integration

Best regards,

Kris

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,322)