cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crdawson
Frequent Visitor

After publishing, old version still shows to users until refreshed

I've noticed this issue for a while but it hasn't been a problem until recently.

When I publish a new version of my app, you have the usual issue of anyone with the app still open needing to refresh the page for the new version to load, however I've also noticed that users who don't have the app open will still get the old version as well.

The workaround has been to just refresh it when opened which has consistently fixed it. The problem recently was that I needed to push an important update due to a faulty piece of error checking code. Two days later we are still seeing users using the old version of the app, I previously watched users open the app in a new tab and get the old version until they refresh the page.

We can also tell it is the old version not only because it is bypassing the error checking with the old faulty code, but one of our fields also changed from a free text field to 2 separate drop downs with the fix, and the list entries generated are coming through with the free text field of the old version of the app instead of the two fixed drop downs.

Is there any way to force the app to ensure it is on the latest version before allowing users to access it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ramole
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @crdawson 

This post will help you please have look Force App Updates In Power Apps 

Thank you
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others and consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ramole
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @crdawson 

This post will help you please have look Force App Updates In Power Apps 

Thank you
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others and consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

crdawson
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for that! Gone ahead and implemented it, lifesaver!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,135)