Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xiuqinglim20
Frequent Visitor

After renaming attachments, SubmitForm does not submit attachment with the form

Hi, would like to enquire about a problem I am facing

Screenshot 2022-09-30 163423.png

I am trying to rename the attachment before I submit the form

I have a EditForm with the following: (selection from a gallery on previous page)

Item = JobGallery.Selected 

After uploading an attachment, I set the following: (to save the attachment into a collection, colGPS)

OnSuccess = ClearCollect(colGPS, DataCardValue13.Attachments)

I display the collection into a gallery to get the value of the attachment

Then I have a button to create the attachment (with new name) into another collection, colGPS2

OnSelect = ClearCollect(colGPS2, {Name: "Test", Id: "Test", Value: Subtitle1.Text})

I created another EditForm to display this new collection colGPS2 but I am unable to submit the attachment

There is no error message displayed as well

When I directly click on the attachment, I was still able to download it 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi   @xiuqinglim20,

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-attachments#key-prop...

Key properties

Items – The Attachment column of the list or Dataverse table. Collections and Tables are not supported.

What it basically comes down to is that collections can't contain attachments, which is causing your issues.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi   @xiuqinglim20,

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-attachments#key-prop...

Key properties

Items – The Attachment column of the list or Dataverse table. Collections and Tables are not supported.

What it basically comes down to is that collections can't contain attachments, which is causing your issues.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,283)